Anglican Church Music Forum Index Anglican Church Music Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

Church service planning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anglican Church Music Forum Index -> Questions and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ali.mccormick

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Church service planning Reply with quote

I've recently (last six months) taken up the reigns as organist at my parish church which as well as playing means running a modest SA choir and planning the services. This latter part takes up more time than I'm happy with and I'm looking for a degree of automation!

I've looked for existing software and there doesn't appear to be much that's specific enough for what I want. Basically I need a record keeping system that understands the role I'm playing and talks in the language of church planning. As my day job is in IT I'm hoping to use what spare time I'm not juggling spreadsheets and hymn books to develop something myself. If I can make a good fist of it, and there's a wider need, I'd like others to make use of it too.

So I'm interested initially in what aspects of service planning take you the most time, and which bits you feel you would benefit from automation in a computer application. Or it could be you're simply more organised than I am Wink

In the meantime, a Happy Christmas to all!
ali.mccormick

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quiet on here isn't it? Must be the snow...
lancecornea

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too quiet for my liking Crying or Very sad

Nice web site you're setting up Ali, but can't help you with your request as I'm not a choir director.

Now if some of the others would just dig away a bit more snow....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anglican Church Music Forum Index -> Questions and Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: