Anglican Church Music Forum Index Anglican Church Music Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

Johannus Opus 1105 External Speakers Help Needed Please
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anglican Church Music Forum Index -> Questions and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobCharles

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Actually Makin Organs had been on the 25th June not the 18th.

I called to see the vicar this week to explain that I wasn't happy in the way I was treated with Makins he said the reason why they didn't contact me was not to cause "Awkwardness" over the Emails I sent to Makin.

I haven't Done Anything Wrong! Shocked

He gave me a Copy of the "Servicing" they had done on the organ.

And from the PCC secretary Makin Said to her "If You add another company's organ speakers and not their own the "Waranty" will be voided and any "possible" damage will be paid for by Makin.

I'm thinking to myself here what a load of rubbish! Organ Speakers are Speakers Any Organ Speakers can be connected!

There was a PCC Meeting this past Tuesday (I didn't go) I'm hoping to hear what was said I know he's going to get two other Suggestions on this matter I might try and push for Anthony Bogdan to Make a suggestion also.

A Copy Of the Report Is here:

Don't you agree the About the External Speakers is a load of Rubbish?

[URL=http://img194.imageshack.us/i/img007srv.jpg/] [/URL]

[URL=http://img140.imageshack.us/i/img008u.jpg/] [/URL]
RobCharles

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They Had A PCC Meeting this past Tuesday and I submitted a letter of concern: (See Below)

I spoke to the Vicar today and hes seen another Organist who would offer his help that's going to happen soon, the PCC secretary will write back a reply to my letter on whats going to happen.

Fingers Crossed According To Plan!

To The PCC Secretary

RE: Out Standing Faults With Organ In Church

When I contacted Makin Organs In January I had submitted a list of items that needed to be seen too. They came on the 25th June to "Service" the Organ - Which I should of been informed about and to know that they where coming - I wasn't amused.

However I have had a copy of the service report from Rector on what was done.

Unfortunately on that occasion they had missed out two requested items that I had asked them to do which where:

Stop Volume Alterations:

Great Division - "Mixture" Sounds To Quiet among the Organ
Pedal Division - "16' Sub Bass" It has lost its "depth" among the organ - to quiet

I would be grateful if this can be arranged with me so I oversee what they are doing is instructed at my request.

Organ Speakers

Rector is going to be approaching a few other organists very soon with regards to this issue.

In my own opinion there is no need to be approaching Makin in regards to this issue. They said they didn't think it's necessary "due to the size of the church", they said to me it's going to cost 3,000 that is an awful lot of money to be spending on such an old organ we have it's over 15 Years old.

It shouldn't "Void" the Warranty by adding a 3rd Party product on the Organ Speakers are speakers they all do the same Job as Russell Williams will explain that.

I'm very much certain in my mind that Anthony Bogdan would do a much better service as he is an Organist and completely Honest with this issue at a cost of 1,500 Is more attractive as probably mentioned by Rector or hasn't. Anthony Does a Free No Obligation Chat And Survey and used to work for Makin in the past which would prove very useful to us.

Many Thanks
RobCharles

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking The Piss this now.

The PCC Had a meeting In July (see attached letter)

Why should have to ask for another organist to check the defects and why why don't they ask me about it? As I know the Organ Better. His chap does come to church ocationaly but hasn't done so for a while.

The Warranty about adding speakers from another party is nothing as I've recently found out.

"It was purchased from Makin Second Hand on 13/02/2001 and came with a Years Parts And Labor Warranty"

I sent my Vicar a note on this and I hope he's read it.

Meanwhile I decided to follow this up with Makin saying as the organ is out of warranty putting another type of speakers will make the same sound:

So if the organ is damaged by any other third party, then it will cost you more to get it fixed.

If parts are required, and the repair is done by a third party, they will cost you more.

There are no other speakers that will do the exact job. Johannus organs and speakers are bespoke and designed after years of research and not available elsewhere. Its not just the impedance you need to match, but also other speaker characteristics such as frequency response. Whatever Mr Bogdan decides to supply will be inferior. I am sure you are aware that he will use Hi-Fi speakers which is all Viscount supply.

Anthony I know does all types of speakers so whats Makins game here?

[URL=http://img18.imageshack.us/i/pccletterjuly.jpg/] [/URL][l
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anglican Church Music Forum Index -> Questions and Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
Page 19 of 19

Jump to: