Anglican Church Music Forum Index Anglican Church Music Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

J. H. Maunder -- Sung Communion Setting?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anglican Church Music Forum Index -> Questions and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: J. H. Maunder -- Sung Communion Setting? Reply with quote

Sirs, as a young lad (5-15) I was a chorister in an English Anglican Church in Yorkshire. During those WW2 years and later we occasionally sang a communion setting which I believe was written by J.H.Maunder. I am now 74 and living in the Phoenix, AZ. USA area and currently belong to Christ Church Anglican, a new Orthodox Anglican parish under the guidance of the Anglican Church of Uganda.

I am still involved with the choir and determined to find the Maunder communion setting. Unfortunately, all my research on the web has still left me looking for help. Since your web site offers much information about Anglican Church Music I am wondering if you might help resolve my quest.

First, is there such a thing as Maunder's Communion Setting, and second, if so can one get a printed version at any cost?

Your respected help will be appreciated.

Robert G. Shaw
jwatkins
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MusicRoom has a fair selection of Maunder music - http://www.musicroom.com/Search/gsearch.aspx?searchtext=John%20Henry%20Maunder
Morning services seem to include a choral Te Deum and a chanted Te Deum "from Service No.1" which might point to further sections?

All Maunder's music seems to be published by Novello ( http://www.chesternovello.com/ ), but his scores could be at the British Library ( http://www.cecilia-uk.org/html/search/verb/GetRecord/431 ).

John.
Malcolm Kemp

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best person to ask is Richard Barnes of Cathedral Music, near Chichester. He has an amazing archive of church music. Within the UK his phone number is 01243 379968 so if ringing from outside the UK make whatever adjustments or alterations you would normally make.

Malcolm Kemp
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anglican Church Music Forum Index -> Questions and Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: